PuPIL DEPRIVATION GRANT (PDG) AND EDUCATION IMPROVEMENT GRANT (EIG) 2019/20
The school has received a total Pupil Deprivation Grant of £ 142,600 and Educational Improvement Grant of £49,590 for the financial year 2019/20 and intends to undertake the following activities in order to support pupils facing challenges of poverty and deprivation:
- Improving the Progress of standards for each learner by supporting the appointment of Leaders of learning for eFSM and ALN, provision of Access arrangement testing for PDG pupils and funding Literacy and Numeracy interventions for Year7/8 PDG pupils.
- Provide a safe environment in which attitudes to learning are positive by provision of Wellbeing Managers, provision of after-school activities and use of outside agencies to promote the engagement of PDG pupils
- Deliver the best learning experiences by appointed key staff to extend the curriculum and provide a resources room to support staff development
- Provide effective care, support and guidance by funding resources and access to additional provision and extracurricular activities and provide communications systems that inform parents/carers of progress
- Lead and manage the school effectively developing the capacity for safeguarding and wellbeing through leadership
The Schools use of the Pupil Deprivation Grant (PDG) and Education Improvement Grant (EIG) is regularly scrutinised by the Governing Body, supported by advice from EAS and monitored by the local authority.
Professional Learning Grant 2019/20
The school has received a total Professional Learning Grant of £ 24,464 to undertake the following activities in order to support the Professional Learning of our staff:
- Engagement with the Excellence in Teaching and Leadership Framework
- Development of School Governors
- Engagement with Leadership Program for senior and middle leaders
- Allocation of Professional learning lead for the school to engage with the cluster and support in school curriculum reform
- Engagement with Schools and Learning Organisations (SLO) program
- Access to regional development programs to improve quality of Teaching and Learning
- Access to specialist support from Learning Network School
- Engagement with the Regional Well being initiatives to support ACE developments
- Engagement with Cluster More Able and Talented developments
- Engagement in ALN activity to support the introduction of revised code of practice.