Important information for GCE & GCSE students
Given the abrupt ending of schooling for Year 11, 12 and 13 we have decided to give the students the option of collecting their results safely in school or having them sent to them by email. As some of our students have indicated that they would prefer to collect their grades in person, we have worked on a plan to do this in a socially distanced manner. The full plan can be seen on the home page of our website.
The following information includes some key dates and events for results and certificate collections. Please read carefully and note these dates in your diary / calendar. In accordance with Government guidelines, we have had to organise the results days differently to in previous years. Please find below important information about GCE and GCSE Results Days.
Emailing of Results
We entirely understand that some students would rather not collect results in person. Results can be emailed to a student’s email address (not a family member) towards the end of the results day (after 1pm). To do this you must inform us by completing the form (https://bit.ly/3etdBu2).
Hard copies of results will not be posted out on/after or prior to results day.
All of the Bedwas High School Senior Leadership Team (including Mrs Hudson) as well as Mr Morgan (for GCSE results) and our Careers Advisor will be on hand to help with any queries that students may have. Unfortunately for safety/hygiene reasons no other teacher will be present on the day.
GCE (A-Level, AS-Level & L3 BTEC) Results will be available for collection on Thursday 13th August 2020 during these time slots: Year 13: 9:00am –11:00am. Year 12: 11:30am –1:00pm
GCSE Results (for Year 11 pupils) will be available for collection on Thursday 20th of August 2019 from 9:00am –11:30am.
For both results days, students will be informed that they are to enter the school site from one of three areas in the school (see map below). Students will be informed by text of the time and gate from which they are to collect their results.
Mrs Hudson and Mr Stancombe will be on hand to help with important decisions that may need to be made regarding university placements for year 13 students. Mr Morgan and Mrs Hudson will be available to support any important decisions that may need to be made regarding Sixth Form and College applications.
Year 10 students will have their GCSE results emailed to them.
The process for collection of your results:
In order to ensure we are following government guidelines, there will be a strict process that must be followed which will be:
- Students are permitted to bring one parent/carer or chosen adult with them. No other person will be allowed on the school site for results day.
- Students are to enter the school through the allocated gate, following the signs to the designated results desk. If the weather is suitable then this will be outside, if not then this will be inside. Please note, students may have to wait in a queue before collecting their results, it is imperative that a safe distance is maintained when waiting to be called in. A one-way system will be in place.
- Results envelopes will be in alphabetical order according to your surname. Once result shave been collected they must be checked as students might want to discuss them with a teacher. Mr Morgan, Mrs Hudson and other members of the leadership team will be available to support all students.
- Once results have been collected/teachers spoken to, all students along with their parent/carer/chosen adult must exit the building and school site using the allocated door and gate.
- Enrolment to our 6th form will be in the school hall/gym.
- The toilets in A and C Block will be open. No students will be permitted in any other areas of the school.
- Please be aware that the arrangements we have made for A-Level and GCSE Results Day may be subject to change, depending on the latest guidance released by the Government.
Appeals of results:
Once students have received their results, they will have the right to:
- Ask your centre (Bedwas High School) to check whether an error has been made when submitting a centre assessment grade and including students in the centre’s rank order.
- Raise a complaint to the centre (school) if a student has evidence of bias or that they have been discriminated against; this evidence could also be passed on to the exam board who could investigate for potential malpractice.
- Appeal against the centre decision to not to seek any information the awarding body holds that would be needed for an appeal; and/or not to appeal to the awarding body.
The process for the appeals will be found within your results envelope or attached to the email that will be sent to you on results day.
Bedwas High Sixth Form Enrolment:
We very much hope that students will be enrolling in person on GCSE results day on Thursday 20th August. However, in case government recommendations still limit in-person access to schools, we have developed an online enrolment system. If we are using the online system a link will be sent to all Bedwas High Sixth Form applicants on the morning of GCSE results day. If we can enrol students in person we will ask students to meet with a member of the senior leadership team to complete the enrolment process. Students will be directed to their meeting within the main hall once they have picked up their GCSE results.
Certificates will be available for collection on Wednesday 2nd December 2020. For students enrolled in the 6th Form you can collect your certificates during lunch break from reception. For those of you not in our Sixth Form, certificates can be collected at 15:15pm –17:30pm from reception. If you would like your certificates posted please provide the school with a pre-stamped and pre-addressed A4 envelope so we can send them to you via post.
Best of luck to you all and have an enjoyable and safe summer.