Welcome to our virtual Open Evening for July 2021.
Transition is a part of life we all deal with in our own ways. To make transition easier for students and parents/carers alike, communication is vital. At Bedwas High School we understand the importance of keeping everyone involved in the transition process and we aim to make this a positive experience for all involved. Some of our aims during transition are:
- Preparing for change
- Building confidence
- Working as a team
- Assisting learning, social and intellectual development
To give you an introduction and more information about our school we have created some videos for you to watch. These include:
- A welcome and introduction from our Headteacher, Mr S Diehl
- Information about the curriculum and teaching & learning from our Deputy Headteacher, Ms G Steel
- Pupil progress, reports and parents evening will be presented by our Senior Assistant Headteacher, Mr T Stancombe
- Wellbeing systems and processes will be presented by our Assistant Headteacher, Mr G Williams
- Mrs H Thomas who monitors and supports Year 7 students academically as their ‘Standards Manager’ will talk you through her role.
- Additional Learning needs and Learning Support will be explained by Mr J Ashford.
- Each Year 7 Form Tutor will introduce themselves, so you can familiarise yourself with your child’s Form Tutor, they will see and support the pupils every day. The Form Tutors are Miss S Bolter, Mrs J Bowen, Miss S Foley, Mrs L Roberts and Miss N Waller.
- Question and Answer video to respond to the questions posted to us.
Should you have any further questions please do not hesitate to email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click on any image to enlarge
Transition questions answered
Mr S Diehl
Ms G Steel
Mr T Stancombe
Mrs H Thomas
Mr J Ashford
Questions and Answers
7 SJB - Miss S Bolter
7 JB - Mrs J Bowen
7 SAF - Miss S Foley
7 LAR - Mrs L Roberts
7 NLW - Miss N Waller