January 2019 Maths Press Release
29 January 2019 (by Penny Hambleton (hamblp))
We are delighted with the recent Year 11 Maths GCSE results from the November exams. As a year group they did extremely well. This sets most of them up very well for the summer exams. A few special mentions go to:
- Rhys Griffiths, who joined us relatively recently from a Welsh school. Rhys’ outstanding work ethic meant that he achieved an A*.
- Annika Bray, scored 144 out of 160 on the Higher Tier paper. Annika achieved an A*.
- Jacob Russell achieved 137 out of 160, again an A*.
- Mihai Dalu, who speaks English as a second language, who achieved a C grade at Higher Tier
- Katie Ferris achieved a B Grade from Set 3. While many of Mr Thomas’ class scored Cs, which is above their target grades.
It is clear that those students who did well, of which there are many, are the ones who put in the extra effort needed. We are so pleased for these pupils and also our fantastic Maths department who supported the pupils throughout. This really shows that Bedwas High pupils and staff are ‘Caring and Achieving’ together.