Ethos, Vision and Values
Our mission is simply to provide every pupil with the best learning opportunities. We will provide all of our learners with an education of excellence. An education which will prepare them academically, socially, and personally for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of adult life. We will promote an ethos of high expectation, striving for the best possible outcomes for all members of our community, setting clear values and continuous improvement within a caring, equitable, orderly and supportive community. We will continue to work as a school at the centre of its community, using the experience and expertise of our community to enhance our provision for mutual benefit for all.
Our School Vision is:
At Bedwas High School we are preparing our learners to meet their full potential in order to be successful in the modern world.
To do this best, we believe that our school should be tightly integrated into our community, work closely with stakeholders, and be focused on creating academically rigorous, authentic experiences that bring our learners closer to this goal.
Bedwas High will:
- Provide a strong duty of care to nurture and support students' wellbeing, mental health and self-esteem.
- Support the aspirations of young people and their ambitions for their future success.
- Contribute to aspirational, inclusive, well-rounded, confident and active citizens by producing:
- ambitious, capable learners ready to learn throughout their lives;
- enterprising, creative contributors, ready to play a full part in life and work;
- ethical, informed citizens of Wales and the world;
- healthy, confident individuals, ready to lead fulfilling lives as valued members of society.
- Offer a broad range of qualifications that suit the pupils’ needs.
- Be an inspirational learning centre offering exceptional education.
- Combine, share, develop, empower and utilise the highest quality teaching, levels of expertise, and academic standards to design and develop an innovative and inspiring curriculum – learning is at the centre of what we do.
Our School Values are:
Bedwas High School is an inclusive school community, determined to enable all our students to succeed.
Our mission is defined by the school motto, Gofalu ar Chyflawni (Caring and Achieving). We aim to provide a safe, secure and caring learning environment in which all young people can achieve their full potential and where they can explore opportunities for involvement in both the school and its wider community. We want the very best for every student in all aspects of their learning - academic, social, emotional and physical. We will provide the best possible, demanding, inclusive learning environment and fully commit to the welfare, care and development of all students and colleagues.
We try to make this statement a reality through the twin themes of partnership and participation; working closely and actively with pupils, parents, carers, Governors, the Local Authority, regional consortia, support agencies, local businesses and our local community.
We are determined to ensure that every student is happy and successful at school.
Our values underpin all that we do:
- Success and academic achievement
Through these values, we at Bedwas High School:
- Pursue exceptional education for every single child – STUDENTS FIRST
- Ensure that every person is here for the best interest of the children
- Ensure no child is ever left behind
- Encourage uniqueness and diversity
We support our students to:
- Achieve and develop the skills they need for the future
- Show respect for themselves and others
- Be emotionally and physically healthy with a strong sense of self-worth
- Personally and socially develop to prepare for lifelong learning
- Be responsible, caring and ready to make a positive contribution to their communities
- Be intellectually curious lifelong learners
- Be unique and understand diversity
- Be able to adapt to different circumstances, being independent or collaborative as the situation requires
- Participate in the life of the school through a wide range of extra-curricular activities
We will support our students with their chosen values, which are to:
- aspire to achieve
- have a ‘can do’ attitude
- be independent
- be positive
- succeed through effort