Ethos, Vision and Values
Our mission is simply to provide every pupil with the best learning opportunities. We will provide all of our learners with an education of excellence. An education which will prepare them academically, socially, and personally for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of adult life. We will promote an ethos of high expectation, striving for the best possible outcomes for all members of our community, setting clear values and continuous improvement within a caring, equitable, orderly and supportive community. We will continue to work as a school at the centre of its community, using the experience and expertise of our community to enhance our provision for mutual benefit for all.
Our School Vision is:
At Bedwas High School we are preparing our learners to meet their full potential in order to be successful in the modern world.
To do this best, we believe that our school should be tightly integrated into our community, work closely with stakeholders, and be focused on creating academically rigorous, authentic experiences that bring our learners closer to this goal.
Bedwas High will:
- Provide a strong duty of care to nurture and support students' wellbeing, mental health and self-esteem.
- Support the aspirations of young people and their ambitions for their future success.
- Contribute to aspirational, inclusive, well-rounded, confident and active citizens by producing:
- ambitious, capable learners ready to learn throughout their lives;
- enterprising, creative contributors, ready to play a full part in life and work;
- ethical, informed citizens of Wales and the world;
- healthy, confident individuals, ready to lead fulfilling lives as valued members of society.
- Offer a broad range of qualifications that suit the pupils’ needs.
- Be an inspirational learning centre offering exceptional education.
- Combine, share, develop, empower and utilise the highest quality teaching, levels of expertise, and academic standards to design and develop an innovative and inspiring curriculum – learning is at the centre of what we do.