Bedwas High School follows the Local Authority’s policy on school admissions. The following link provides useful information about School Admissions in Caerphilly:
In general, the following criteria will be applied regarding pupil admission to Year 7. The following list is not in any order of priority.
- Our traditional defined geographical area
- The associated Primary Schools of the cluster are: Bedwas Juniors, Graig-y-Rhacca, Machen, Plasyfelin and Tyn-y-Wern
- The close links developed with St James’ and Rhydri primary schools
- Principles of parental choice and capacity of the school
- If oversubscription should occur, the school will follow the priorities set out in Caerphilly’s 'Starting Schools - A guide to policy and admission arrangements'
The above criteria will also apply when pupils apply mid–year. However, parents/carers should note that curriculum option choices from Year 9 onwards vary and that certain subject choices may be unavailable.
In the event of an application for admission being refused, parents are advised to contact the LEA who will then inform them of the appeals procedures.
Should you wish to visit or talk to the school prior to making a decision regarding a new