Our school uniform is designed to be smart, comfortable, economical and practical. The uniform adds to the ethos of our school and is a means by which students clearly identify with the school. Our uniform and appearance policy was agreed as a result of full consultation with parents, staff, students and Governors.
In the interests of Health and Safety, pupils must also meet the following requirements. They may wear:
- One small earring in the lower lobe of each ear only. These must be removed for PE.
- A watch.
- One small signet ring (a ring that is flat to the finger)
- A talisman bracelet or necklace (this indicates health problems/medical problems a student may have).
In order to promote a smart appearance, students are not allowed to wear:-
- Alternative items to those described in the uniform list.
- Hats or caps.
- Any facial piercings. (Any nose piercings must not be visible).
- False or extended nails. Nail length must be acceptable and safe for both classroom work and P.E. lessons. (Nail colour must be natural or neutral.)
- Abnormal / unnatural hair colours, e.g. pink/green/blue/red/purple.
- Extreme hair styles deemed inappropriate by the school e.g. Mohican, patterns cut into the hair, stripes or swirls.
- Students may not wear ear “tunnels/stretchers”.
- Hair accessories (slides, bands, ties) may be worn to hold hair in a safe position or style. These should be of a subdued colour to blend with the uniform. Hair beads and other decorative hair accessories are NOT allowed.
Our uniform can be purchased from two suppliers. Please click on the image to be taken to their website.